Redhead Fangirl

Monday, June 4

Fangirl: Year two

There are two motives for reading a book: one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it. (Bertrand Russell). Add comic before book, and you have the comic blogosphere!

Two years ago I started the Redhead Fangirl blog because I thought a female librarian comic reader was an unusual thing. I am better informed now, with all the great female fangirls whose blogs I've found (Heidi, Shelly) . Not to mention the wacky, the smart, the hysterical male comic fans (Mark, Rab,David) and store owner blogs (Mikester) I also read. Anyway, last year I listed a long list of my first year accomplishments- conventions, MidJersey Cons, Comic Blog Legion, artists and creators I met. I won't do that this year, but let me say that I really appreciate the people who read the blog- some even on a regular basis! Esp. those who comment, without that feedback I don't think that I'd keep it up.

Anyway, have you read the new The Boys 7 from Dynamite? Between finishing Preacher 1 and The Boys, I know Ennis is yet another twisted UK brain. Derick Robertson will be a Wizard Philly- another landmark because my first post was about my first comicon there two years ago.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Red!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Gordon D said...

Congrats - and please, keep posting!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Dave Carter said...

Congratulations on your second Blogiversary. Here's to many more!

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy two years, sistah!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Bill D. said...

Happy Anniversary!

And thanks for posting that picture of Yvonne Craig! ^_^ Sigh... those first crushes last a lifetime, huh?

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Heidi Meeley said...

Yay! I am so thrilled for you! Two years is a huge achievement! This is one of my favorite blogs. Let me raise a glass and wish for many more years to come!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Swinebread said...

congrats on Redhead Fangirl:Year Two

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Richard said...

"Hysterical"...not, I dunno, "devastatingly handsome" or "urbane and sophisticated"...no, no, "hysterical" is perfectly good, at least it's better than "thinks he's so funny but is really a tedious bore"...

Anyway, congratulations and happy anniversary and here's to many more!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger James Meeley said...

Happy blogiversary, Red! Here's to another two years of redheaded craziness and insight. :)

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Happy blog b-day!!!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Thanks for the well wishes! So cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home