Redhead Fangirl

Wednesday, May 23

Finales

This morning I found a misplaced book in the teen section, and when I opened the Manet oversized book, inside was a guide on "How sex works". In this Internet age, it's almost sweet to see someone trying to learn about sex from a book, like we used to.

Series finales for Gilmore Girls (bye bye Stars Hollow!) and soon, Veronica Mars.I don't think I'll be watching a damn thing on the CW now. VM Season 3 has been not been great, even for a fan like me, but compared to "the search for the new pussycat doll", it was high art.
Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy ( a very moody finale with cast leaving)both finaled with a wedding scene. Heroes ended with the Sylar- Peter confrontation. I don't want more fighting, but more emotional connection might be nice. And every damn NY street scene showed only the cast. Even if you wanted to there's no way streets or plazas would be empty in Midtown! Tonight's two hour Lost. "Ben" was on the radio here and said it would be a violent, bloody fight and characters won't return. Let's see if the bug-eyed Other makes it.

I picked up last week's comics, and there were only 3! I think that's the least I've spent on comics in two years. Local, Justice League, and Catwoman. I've only read Justice League-- does anyone else think the labels floating over the characters are dopey? "Green Lantern" or "Black Canary" over Dinah. I'm no expert, but can't this be done in an intro or index to the comic rather than within the panels?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Gail Simone said...

I just wanted to say hello, and thank you for all the great reading and kind comments on your blog. And meeting you in New York was awesome, even my husband thought you were the coolest!

Next time I'm out that way, let's grab dinner or lunch or something so I can actually HEAR what you're saying (it was LOUD behind the table!).

Lots of love and respect,

Gail

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger GiantKillerMantis said...

Local was awesome. That last page blew me away, so much packed into one panel.

I think the "roll call" technique is the easiest way to identify the characters in a book like Justice League. Checkmate is using it now. I liked that there weren't as many talking-over-each-other narrative boxes this issue.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Gail, no way! This is so nice you would have thought I fake-wrote it!

Mantis- Local was really powerful. Thx for letting me know about 'roll call' too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home