Redhead Fangirl

Monday, November 13

Lion Pride

http://www.comicon.com/thebeat/images/lions.jpg


PW on Best Graphic Novels of the Year
My comment when seeing the oversight of Pride of Baghdad will have to work as my review for now. I expected it to be good, with both BKV as writer and the topic. B at the comic store said it was "one of the best comics he's ever read- I'd put it up there with Watchmen."

For both content and art, Pride of Baghdad by Brian K. Vaughan should have absolutely been included. Niko Henrichon's artwork was jaw-droppingly beautiful of lions and lionesses, contrasted with the tanks and bombers in Baghdad. Brian K. Vaughan crafted the one graphic novel- and I read a lot of comics and GN's- that had me crying at the end. Characterization, politics, humanity- it had it all.

Alan Moore appears on the Simpsons.
The first mention of this was the hub of all comic news UK at Bad Librarianship
Recent good reads: Justice 8 (Batgirl one of the oodles of characters), Secret Six 5 (6 is the action-packed finale), Mystery in Space 3.

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

Um, I'm pretty sure I just lifted it offa Heidi.


But thanks for the credit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home