Redhead Fangirl

Tuesday, October 24

There goes my Hiro

R sent me this link to Last Christmas - by Brian Posehn (the comic) and Rick Remender, who I think does Strange Girl. Be sure to zoom on the image to see just how wrong it is.

I've just played catch-up and joined the Heroes phenom. This is one good lookin' cast. I like Peter Perrelli - who was Jess on Gilmore Girls, and Alexis Bledel's real life boyfriend (and his brother Nathan-- he is married to lead Dixie Chick Natalie). Mohinder is very good, with that girl who was in Brick.
Always liked Greg Gunberg from Alias and Felicity, and the pilot eaten on Lost. Jeph Loeb exec produces, bringing a true comic professional behind the plot (think he exec-produces Lost also). And, like the rest of the world, love Hiro. The women are strong, but Claire wears that cheerleader outfit just too much-- our cheerleaders would only wear those on game day.

Now that Runway ended (and not to my liking), I am watching Prison Break, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Lost, Desperate Housewives. The only new show other than Heroes I like is 30Rock.

Not feeling that well, but more reviews and thoughts soon. Read the 50 cent Sandman comic, hard to believe I've never read that series.

6 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Hmmm, not much to add here, except that I am amazed by your ability to remember all of those TV characters. And I do hope you feel better soon. I like the title too.

 
At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why aren't you watching Brothers & Sisters?!? Great show, all-star cast, excellent writing and the return of Calista Flockhart.

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Last Christmas, lol, I just read issue 4 that came out, HILARIOUSLY WRONG. The snowman going all guerilla warfare on some punks. Glad you got on board with Heroes, not enough people are, and I always have a fear it's becoming another Surface. I think the fact that Jeph Loeb is helping with things, helps this series A LOT. Bring Geoff Johns onto the staff and it'd probably be the best thing EVER. Prison Break has been ehh, at this point they are just killing people off to make the thing interesting. Surprised you don't watch Smallville.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

Yay! So glad you are liking Heroes. I knew you'd love it. It's my new Lost, although I still love Lost.

I feel like I'm coming down with something also. Hopefully it will not ruin our halloween outing. Nobody wants to see a sick Harley Quinn. haha

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

As well as drawing, Remender writes three or four ongoings at Image you'd probably like: kinda Vertigo-ey. As well as STRANGE GIRL, I'd recommend FEAR AGENT.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger geekboypress said...

I'll admit I like Veronica and Lost, even though I'm only on the second season's of both. Heroes is getting steadily better.

Also, you'll be pleased to know I finally got a new template with links, and guess who's right up at number 2!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home