Redhead Fangirl

Friday, November 10

"Everything's spectacular. Amazing. Sensational."

One thing I love about Spider-man loves Mary Jane is how Sean McKeever drops in other Marvel characters. Issue 11 has MJ coming into her own starring in the school play, but silently suffering over Peter Parker's relationship with Gwen Stacy who showed up a few issues ago. She's pushing people like Peter,and even Spidey, away and starting the 'party-girl' image we know. Hasn't everyone decided to distance themselves thinking that it's better than being hurt?
Anyway, Harry Osborn is talking to a new guy about how he doesn't get too attached and is always on the look out for a new girl...and the new guy is "Luke", as in Luke Cage. And who does he have his eye on-- well, the 'redhead. She's fine.' Harry does not like that choice.

Boys, I promise that the cutesy artwork should not deter you from reading one of the best comics out there. Girls, same thing.

Once I saw that TONY was doing an article on obsessive collectors, I knew there would be at least one comic OCD'er : Wonder Woman collector

I'd also like to hear more comments on the last post about 'dropped' titles.
I'm going to enjoy my day off- just got to run in the sunshine on a great fall day.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll second the recommendation for S-MLMJ; IMHO it's the best Spidey comic currently being published.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home