Redhead Fangirl

Thursday, October 19

Quad redheads

Took a 2.6 mile run at the college today. Great weather, and fall leaves around the lakes made for good scenery. Now at the library- came in to a full desk of graphic novels! Yes!

Yesterday, I read 2 of Gail Simone's comics. There were four redheads!
1. redhead writer Gail Simone
2. 30 foot naked redhead in The All-New Atom (holy humongous heffalumps!)
3 and 4. Redheads Knockout ("think again, pole dancer") and Savage in Secret Six

Someone wrote to Robert Kirkman in the last Invincible-
"What's the obsession you comic creators have with redheads?"
His response: I think it would be a colorists obsession. I prefer blonds myself (go Amber).
I'll bet his wife is blonde and he's just being nice-- clearly
Samantha/Atom Eve is the much more interesting character than pretty but boring Beth (hello, Gwen and MJ all over again; the readers loved the redhead!)

Make sure you check out
CBR's All Time Top 50 Artists
Hint: CBR is still revealing the list, so you have to check back as they are revealed.
and CBR's All Time Top 50 writers


Redhead Fangirl's current "top" lists (sure I forgot a few biggies!)
Artists:
Alex Ross, David Finch, Rags Morales, Michael Oeming, Ryan Ottley (Invincible), Becky Coonan (American Virgin),Colleen Doran (Book of Lost Souls), James Jean (Fables), Takeshi Miyazawa (Spider-man loves Mary Jane), Jon Luna (Girls)

Writers:
Gail Simone, Brian Wood, Geoff Johns, Sean McKeever, Chuck Satterlee, Brian K. Vaughan, Josh Luna (Girls), Bill Willingham (Jack of Fables), Robert Kirkman.

As usual, I'm about 2 weeks behind, but have a lot of reviews. Who is reading The Eternals? Or The All New Atom? Did you try the Vaughan Doctor Strange? Invincible? JLA of course. And 52. Jack of Fables? Umbra? Cross Bronx 2?

5 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vaughan's Doctor Strange title is really good but, due to finances I am probably gonna wait till the trade. The Eternals started off iffy but, even with the annoying introduction of Iron Man in the previous issue, Gaiman is rocking it hard. Cross Bronx #2, well this looks like one of those series you gotta be in a certain mind set to read. Where's the love for Peter David and Warren Ellis yo, lol. You heard the news about Nextwave?

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Just read the Ellis Nextwave cancelled blurb. Think it's funny that Marvel said it was doing well enough to pay him, but not the artist!
The Eternals still iffy to me, but I'm hangin so far.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Justin said...

I think with the Eternals I am likely to continue on with the mini (actually I preordered them). But I don't think I will follow the inevitable spin-off. This miniseries was definetly creators over characters for me.

Red, would you recommend Jack of Fables to someone who has not read Fables? I noticed the trade in January solicits and thought I might give it a go.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Ragtime said...

I'm loving the New Atom, and 52. I'm reading Fables in the TPBs, so will probably start reading Jack of Fables after I "catch up."

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Justin,
I had only read the first Fables trade, liked but didn't love it. Started reading Jack of Fables because it was a standalone story, and it's top of the pile. The art and writing are just dead on, so I'd say give it a try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home