Redhead Fangirl

Thursday, July 20

I'm a Comic Zombie- no, really-



These are the days I love being a fangirl.
I'm actually in comic! And, combining both my comic book love and my horror film love-- I'm a redhead zombie! Can you believe this? See me- 4th from left bottom?

Chuck Satterlee, the writer of Of Bitter Souls, Smoke and Mirror, and more-- and North American rep for Markosia Publishing-- told the artist on Of Bitter Souls, the underappreciated and amazing Norm Breyfogle-- to add me in a big, zombie-filled Bourbon Street scene in the latest OBS July 2006 issue.

The friends and family I showed the original sketch that Chuck forwarded me really love the likeness. To think that Norm Breyfogle was looking at my image, and then took pencil to paper to create me-- it's astonishing. The 2 page spread includes Chuck and his wife and son, Norm (right next to me- goosebumps), Harry Markos of Markosia, and asundry list of other family and fans.

So please- go out and buy a piece of the Redhead Fangirl in the July 2006 Of Bitter Souls.
The trade of the first series came out, but was UPS damaged so I couldn't get it! The art and cover art of the Markosia issue is very sleek and entrancing. Satterlee's dialogue and characterizations, along with the character of New Orleans itself, nails it.

Thanks C at Comic Lair- by letting me dig in your pile, I got turned on to the comic- then when I was at the NY con exclaiming "I love this book!" at the Markosia table--I got to meet Chuck and that's been a great thing.

9 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I love it!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

You are a very pretty zombie!

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you kill a redheaded zombie? Silver bullets? Garlic?

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

I think redheaded zombies are like vampires-- sunlight cooks us.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Very cool.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Rae said...

That is so cool!! And sunlight def is the death ray!

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

I will have to lend you my leg. Haha

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's totally rockin! Zombie on!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Heidi Meeley said...

Congrats! That is the coolest thing ever! Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home