Redhead Fangirl

Saturday, March 1

Distinguished pool owner

I just saw a piece of my mail addressed to "distinguished pool owner". I think that is excellent. Although the only thing I've done in that pool is push water on the cover toward the pump to drain.


Today I worked out in the 'cardio theatre'- running to a U2 concert. Bought bulk stuff at BJ's, watched Lost, and need to get ready for tomorrows big St. Patty's parade-- 100,000 people!


Recent reads-
Kong King of Skull Island 2
(whoa, I am behind, because the site says Kong 5 is out this week!)
Writer Chuck Satterlee continues the tale of Vincent Denham, stranded on the same island his father found Kong. Tommy Castillo has a great Kong and dinosaur cover. An ad states the Kong, King of Skull Island is 'soon to be a major motion picture', so let's all prepare!


Jack of Fables 19
How can I not love this series where Hillary Page runs around in her "Hot Librarian" T shirt? A cracked Humpty Dumpty, Gary, Jack chased by zombies or "animated corpses with bad grammar".A chase across prohibition, the Great White North "freezing cold, hockey and weak beer" and onto New York, the south...finally to the Lost City of Gold!




Phillygirl let me borrow her Powers trades-- I've read #2 Roleplay "Roleplay is nearly perfect, combining a compelling story, drop-dead gorgeous artwork, and outstanding production values that put most other trade paperback collections to shame".
Oeming's constantly interesting panels and art with Bendis' story that winks all the 'reals' fans, with tragic results.

and #3 Little Deaths. When hot superhero Olympia dies, and the Powers team investigates. I especially like the double page spread of women from Olympia's black book-- every one of them a redhead! Nice taste. The ads, interviews, and kids coloring book- chock full of Powers content. I still have 3 more trades to read!

The Boys movie I say they have to roll back the old X rating to get 10% of the comic in this film.

Black Hole, Akira films

Joe Hill's Locke and Key for film or TV? I haven't read, but I did love Heart Shaped Box.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger lauree said...

yeah for "Distinguished Pool Owner"!!

I've really been enjoying my water aerobics, and I think once summer rolls around, you'll be happy to have the pool.

us water signs are happy to be in the water!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home