Redhead Fangirl

Tuesday, February 12

of most excellent fancy

Reading Duel in the Sun, recommended by Shoreturtle. If you are interested in running, sports stories, the decline of two world class athletes, or just an interesting memoir, this is it.

Mice Templar 3
Oeming's art on this series is outstanding, different than Powers yet unique as that is. The coloring is also striking- dark greens and reds.

Y the Last Man 60
The deep post regarding this last issue I wanted to write didn't happen, but my quick thoughts-
I thought it was a melancholy end to the series. Yorick does escape from his straightjacket to see a world of women carrying on. But the clone Yoricks-- the saddest thing is that the one said "humor isn't my strong suit" (or something like that). His humor was the best thing about original Yorick, along with his heart.

The death of Ampersand was heartbreaking. Again, they never got him right in the cloned versions. Hero and Beth1 being a couple was a pleasant and happy surprise. Yorick spending his life with Beth2 and his daughter, but never really loving them, was not as happy.

Thank you Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra (who will now do art on the Doctor Who series! Yes!).

(you'll notice Hamlet does not say "Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him well")

Hamlet:
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite
jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore me on his back a
thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is!
My gorge rises at it.

Hamlet Act 5, scene 1, 179–188

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My apologies for being off-topic but I wanted to give you this modified version of the Batgirl/Barbara pic from the header. Unless I messed this up, it should blend in a bit more with the green background:

http://illmosis.net/pixelart/bg2-new.gif

Keep up the great work on the blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home