Redhead Fangirl

Thursday, February 7

Big Pink

Hi kids! I don't know what has been keeping me from my comics, but I haven't read any for a few days. Well, one thing that is keeping me is the 600+ page Duma Key by Stephen King I'm reading (Big Pink is the house). I feel closer to King now that I saw him in person at the NY Comicon last year. He seems just like his characters- down to earth, a little raunchy, salty and more frail than you'd expect.

I did finish Season 3 of Doctor Who. From the girl who never saw one episode, I now am a big fan. Gordon posted this Season 4 teaser, with the return of the redhead companion, with Martha Jones and Rose too.

Goodbye to Sean McKeever on Birds of Prey Post Gail I've been losing steam with our BoP women. Superman dressed down the Oracle in a recent issue. I don't read Teen Titans, but would love to see a series McKeever will write that will reach the Spider-Man loves Mary Jane goodness.

Election coverage, a long work week, and playing Carnival Games on the Wii took up time too.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Bill D. said...

Thanks for the link to the Doctor Who teaser... very cool stuff (though I hope we don't get Donna falling for him, too... I could use a break from moon-eyed companions). The giant bee spooked me a little. If there's one thing I hate, it's big bees.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Gail had this to say over at Comics Worth Reading. Not sure if that will help or not.

Gail Says:
February 7, 2008 at 6:52 pm

I think Tony Bedard is way better than competent, but he was put in a very difficult assignment–writing done-in-one fill-in issues without knowing exactly what was coming before or after. Nevertheless, I thought he did some fine work.

I believe, now that the book is fully his, he’s going to do a great run. I’m looking forward to it.

Gail

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Nick said...

So Duma Key....we talking as good as The Long Walk or salem's Lot here?

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While Bedard's writing in general, to put it bluntly, has been stunningly incompetent this past year, there were flits of genuine heart in his fill-ins, particularly the one about Zinda mourning Big Barda. So... he gets a pass, I guess.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Bill- Looks like Donna will have the same unrequited love theme as Martha. And with the 3 women, could get crowded!

Justin and Dan-The Bedard issues didn't hit the right tone, but if Simone says give it a try..

Nick- just finished Duma Key. 600 pages, but the atmosphere of the whole thing caught me. I thought it was good, and creepy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home