Redhead Fangirl

Monday, May 7

TV

Season and series finales for the shows I watch are coming fast in the next few weeks.

My loyalty can hinge on the finale: for example, Prison Break Season 2 ended with Michael back in prison (in a savage Peruvian prison). I just can't sustain belief and go through that next season, and even with so easy-on-the eyes Wentworth Miller, I've written it off. (Kellerman appeared in Grey's last week, for the spin off I'll probably watch for the awesome redhead Kate Walsh)

Desperate Housewives-- Peppered with some great Gaby lines, the season has been mild. Still Tivo. Susan and Ian and Mike, dull. Edie and Carlos, OK.

Grey's Anatomy- So bored with the Christina/Burke marriage storyline. Meredith is dopey with McDreamy. Kate Walsh, a shot of life, is leaving for the spin off. The heart of Grey's is with Izzie Stevens, and I'm hoping I like the resolution of the George story.

Lost- The internet is buzzing with the 2010 announcement of the end of Lost. That's still three more seasons. The move to 10 PM, and the season, has made this a must watch to a sometimes Tivo. I think this show really changed course with the addition of the guns-- watch how many times someone threatens someone else with a gun--it's the equalizer for a little woman like Kate to brandish a weapon, but it also makes for less interesting 'resolutions'.

Heroes- That flashforward episode of last week was one of my favorite shows of the year.

Gilmore Girls- Series finale May 15th. This season has crept along, and Alexis Bledel has never had the energy or acting chops, and that only in tandem with Lauren do I really like her. I'm the rare person who started watching this series in the last few years, instead of dropping it like others.

Veronica Mars- The disappointment of the year. Season 3 never found it's footing, the mini-mysteries were shallow, and Wallace and Weevil nearly cut out. Piz does not do it for me as her new beau.

Actually happy to have more free time in nice weather for running, reading, comics...

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Nick said...

Yeah VM is pretty much on the tv chopping block as it were. I get the feeling this last season had more network intervention and the show turned to crap because of it.

On Heroes...is Sylar not the most twisted evil person ever...seriously after that last "future" ep, whew.

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heroes and Lost have been so good that the next week previews make me want to breakdance.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

I love Lost this season and Heros has been great. Agree with you about VM.

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Redlib,

I found this on photobucket, thought you'd appreciate it:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z82/jamorris_album/?

Spider-man recovers lost library books.

And yeah, VM has been disappointing, I'm not too excited about "time-shifting" Veronica into the FBI academy either.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

I am hip to that groovy Spidey story! That's some crazy cats. Dug it!!

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Rae said...

I thought Lost really picked it up the last few weeks, which is great considering that seriously dull period it went through!!

Are there any good summer shows to look for? We wish we had gotten started in Heroes but it seems like now we know too much about it to really be able to enjoy the suspense!

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home