Redhead Fangirl

Friday, December 1

#15 Little redhaired girl

#15 The little red-haired girl from the Charlie Brown comics
The source of Charlie Brown's unrequited crush is actually never seen in the comic strip. When I was younger, seeing a redhead on TV, movie, or magazine ad was very rare. It was all tan blondes, maybe a brunette. Sometimes we might be like '4th female lead' in a Charlie's Angels episode. So imagining that I was the "little redhead girl" that a boy would think about and want to talk to, gave me hope. She made Charlie Brown the conduit for all our awkwardness and longings and missteps.

She does appear in the animated TV special "It's your first kiss, Charlie Brown".

I once saw a special on Charles Shultz which made me really appreciate him as an artist-- even the little doodles he created were full of character and life. The real redhead he pined for was named Donna Johnson.

"I'd like to see Charlie Brown kick that football, and if he gets the little red-haired girl, that's fine with me".

When I was a kid, my dream was to be a farmer and marry Charlie Brown. I wanted to rescue him and make him happy. Besides, he was always lusting after the little redhead girl.
Alicia Witt, actress

Only two things are necessary to keep a redhead happy. One is to let her think she is having her own way, and the other is to let her have it.
Redheadjokes.com

6 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coincidently, my dream when I was a kid was to be a farmer and marry Alicia Witt. Weird, eh?

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Ah, the little redhaired girl..

As a Charlie myself, I remember being so happy to get a letter from a beautiful redhead that I had recently met. Things worked out better for me than Charlie Brown. I married her.

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the power of the little redhaired girl compels me to link to this.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Hi buttler,
I love-love-love that comic! MJ as little red haired girl, excellent! Thanks!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Disenchanted Dreamer said...

Wow, I loved this post! I too am a redhead and was astonished to find just how many comic book characters are redheads. A quick "redhead comic women" search found me this post.

Well done.

Sincerely and fellow redhead,
Briana

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Disenchanted Dreamer said...

*a fellow redhead*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home