Redhead Fangirl

Thursday, July 27

Missouri, Kirkman, Batgirl

Not sure where I got this, but a photo of Dan Slott as a kid! RingerT so retro trendy!

Joe from Sedalia, MO is being sent a Dan Slott signed She-Hulk and a Mike Oeming signed Powers for entering my "53" contest. His favorite redhead in comics is Matt Murdoch- Daredevil. Between Joe and Gordon, there are at least 2 people in Missouri reading my blog.

An odd Kirkman story here- from the audience, he called out Todd McFarlane during a Q and A to ask if he was ever doing another comic, and then when Todd said "thanks for making money for Image" shot back "someone has to". Has success spoiled Kirky? I think going incognito to someone's panel is sort of lame. Ass or loon- you decide. McFarlane is busy with Lost action figures.

The Comic Blog Legion now has 106 blogs from 22 states and 7 countries. Open your mind to new blogs-- there are some blogs rightfully getting 25 comments a post, but many more that have unique voices, humor and analysis that need you, dear readers, to blossom.

Comics Fairplay posted a photo of the the "perfect, unreal mini-bust" of Batgirl. Dreamy!

7 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red! Your blog is a good read during my otherwise boring workday.

You are a sexy devil.

It's amazing to see that women enjoy comics too. Perhaps I will find one for myself so I can discuss how does Superman shave or how hard does he chew his food.

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand your logic. Why does success have to be spoiling Kirkman simply because he went incognito to a Todd McFarlane panel at a convention? Personally, I thought it was a very funny story.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

I guess I thought that hammering McFarlane at a public panel- when obviously he has enough clout to set up a private meeting - was a little classless. But I would have probably been howling if I was there live.

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figure you gotta look at it this way . . . . Kirkman's been working for Image, what, five years or so? I would think that he and McFarlane would have to have met a couple of times during this time. Maybe e-mail each other. I wouldn't look at it as 'hammering' as it would be 'yanking a friend's chain.'

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

Everything Kirkman said seemed fair to me. If McFarlane did say "Thanks for making money for Image" I'd be surprised - I thought Image was supposed to be a non-profit organisation.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Randy, I read this all as serious, face value, but he probably is friends with McFarlane and this was a planned set up to liven up a Q and A.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I hope it doesn't seem like I'm giving you a hard time about this. If it does, I apologize. It just goes to show that two people can look at things differently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home