Redhead Fangirl

Monday, June 19

Phillygirl reviews

While I'm still on break from RF, Ms. M, the newest fangirl to the scene,
has a few reviews below.

Send in your favorite redhead in comics to
midnjcomic@comcast.net, subject: 53 to win the signed She-Hulk and Powers. It's fun to see your redhead fav's (and no Oracle or Batgirl yet!)


M: OK, I've actually finished reading a bunch of comics but haven't commented on them, so here are my reviews, comments etc on what I've been reading...


V for Vendetta - My friend Ramesses at the Fuselage recommended this one to me. Note, I haven't seen the movie yet. It was a dark tale about a Orwellian society and a vigilante trying to make people wake up and take action. I enjoyed this one, now I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

Batgirl: Year One - This was a great story about how Barbara Gordon becomes Batgirl. I liked her story, a girl who wants to be a cop, an FBI agent someone to do good, but everyone tells oh you can't you're just a little girl. I also love the theme of girls kicking butt...Buffy, Girl Fight, anything of that nature and I'm there.

Wonder Woman #1 - This new title just started last week and I wanted to pick it up at the beginning. I was a little disappointed that most of the issue was about Wonder Woman's sister taking over as Wonder Woman, but I have a feeling we will be seeing Diana in issues to come.

[Watchmen] So this is supposed to be the end all and be all of comics, what did I think? I loved it. It's so much more than a graphic novel. It's a complex story about complex characters. I really enjoyed the flow of the book and the recurring themes. My favorite character would be Rorschach, a tragic figure who fights evil and only sees things in black and white.


The Middleman #1 through #4 - I loved it. It was funny and cute and I really just enjoyed this series. I'm going to lend it to my friend Redhead Fangirl and see what she thinks, but I think she'll love it too. I plan on picking up the next series, The Entering Dragon Conundrum, next time I'm at the comic book store.

Dead @ 17 - Another awesome book from Viper Comics. I will be picking up many more.

She-Hulk - My friend Redhead Fangirl lent this one to me. It's very cute. I never really knew much about She-hulk, but I enjoyed it. It's a bit cutesy compared to the other things I've been reading lately, but it was a nice break from some of the darker stuff.

7 Comments:

At 2:20 AM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

"The Minutemen"?! You having a laff?

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

Nope, Just screwing up the title and getting titles confused. That's supposed to be the Watchmen, as you probably already know.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

The great thing is that you read The Watchmen, right? Now for the Saga of the Swamp Thing...

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

I'm just pulling yer leg. Stick at it with Lav's reading list.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

No offense taken, I'm new at this. BTW I bought about $65 worth of comics last night. I must be stopped. Haha. I'm trying to check out as many comic shops in my area that I can find.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger geekboypress said...

Real Quick, my fav redhead in comics is U-Go-Girl from Mike Allred and Pete Milligan's X-Force. Check her out, she has blue-skin!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

u-go-girl is so cute! funny, sassy name and very short skirt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home