Redhead Fangirl

Sunday, June 4

Foiled plot to kill Nightwing


Librarian by Day, Rock Star by night. This was my themed Tshirt for Friday.

The crazy thing about Wizard is the hard choices you have to make- do you stand in line for autographs, go to panels, get sketches, shop, spend time in artist alley? Sometimes I get so busy it's hard to find time to eat or pee. This weekend, I gave up in the long Jim Lee signing lines, or to get Michael Turner to sign the show specials, or seeing Geoff Johns Blade panel.
On Sat I waited for about 50 mins in the Jim Lee line (after waiting an hour to get in to the show, having my badge already)-- bailed when I realized it would be another hour wait. I did sneak up to the VIP line on Fri and get a side shot of him, not even letting security tell me no.


One of the big DC Nation reveals was that Nightwing was supposed to die in Infinite Crisis. However, the plan changed (Woo-- my Oracle would be so sad over his loss). I saw quite a few Nightwing shirts, same as I have, at the con. Bats, Supes, Spidey and GL were the #1 Ts worn by fanboys. I saw 1 Poison Ivy, 1 Riddler, 1 Aquaman. Costumes, besides the hoard of SWars folks were very light this year (saw a Riddler, Speedball on Fri, along with a short Spidey and a fat Spidey).

I went to 2 Friday panels, about an hour each: Marvel X-men (the JoeQ fight over MJ) and Mondo Marvel where I asked about Marvel working with the Luna Brothers post-Spider-Woman. I said "not sure if it was a fan favorite" and Joe said it did very well for them, and Tom said that they are very nice guys, just spoke to them that week, but they are very busy with the Ultra TV show. Ultimate Cable, Union Jack, Marvel Zombies 2, Planet Hulk, She-Hulk, Spider-Girl fans keeping it alive, Nextwave, Claws, Blade were some of the titles batted around the panel. Joe Q said about Bendis "I stopped reading Bendis a long time ago- can't understand him" to laughs. Dan Slott kept saying to read She-Hulk 12 in regards to questions, and that Thing 8, "no more GLX- more Squirrel Girl"

More soon.

3 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

I had a great time L, and I'll be blogging about the day at my LJ, with a link to your blog as well.

-M

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Brunette Fangirl! Our Saturday adventures will be posted soon!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Rae said...

You're so funny! I love the 'arches to nerd heaven' comment. It looks like you had a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home