Redhead Fangirl

Thursday, June 1

Somewhere I belong


Flashback: Wizard Philly 2005

Wizard Philly tomorrow! All jacked up to get my nerd on. Last year, I went empty handed. This year I have all my comics lined up to be signed by Steve McNiven, Rags Morales, Geoff Johns, Jim Lee. Luckily, I'm not at the box-n-dolly level, and since I'm taking the train in I'm not being greedy to get everything signed.

And Sat, my friend M is going to Wizard. She's just back from a Lost convention in LA, and visited Kevin Smith's store there. Maybe she'll get a ticket for the special session with him. She bought $100 worth of graphic novels, and I've been steering her towards titles she'll like (Bite Club, She-Hulk, Y--she likes horror, supernatural, mature stuff).

M said to me "you know what I don't like about comics? I don't want to start on issue 67 and be all confused..". I told her I try to start with new series, or restarts..but characters like Supes and Spidey with 60 years of stories...we'll never catch up.

And R, bold venturer and pulpy type, will be there Sat too. Last year he took advantage of the free Hulk Xbox game for several hours.

No new comics for 2 weeks, but I read Moon Knight 2, Fell, 52 week3, Aquaman 42. Really want to get Simone's Secret Six.

You must check out The Great Curve for 52 Best DC Characters
Yes! See #7 Batgirl/Oracle! Although 2 NC friends have emailed me about Batwoman being a lesbian (long red hair, tight outfit, high black boots)-- I've had to explain that my Bat is Batgirl, not Batwoman. Redheads, the other white meat.....

7 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

If you see Pikachu this year, kick him in the nuts from me.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

...and where can I find those on Pikachu?...

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

In the middle, about 30 inches above his feet.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Red heads the other white meat? That's f-ing funny!!! I never see it on the menu anywhere though......

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it just me or was Joe way hypersensitive about the whole Spiderman getting married question? (was that you?) He did it again in one of today's panels. Anywho, I'm female, a ravenous comic book reader and just found your blog. Rock on chica.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Hi fangirl-friend! Joe really gets fired up about Spidey-MJ for sure. He was decent to me afterwards saying "i think we beat you up a little on that" but I sassed him back and told him "just keep them married"

Keep reading the blog and commenting- I love it!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

Just to clarrify...it wasn't a Lost Convnetion, it was a Lost fan party/funraiser. Just teasing. Oh yeah, and we saw JJ abrams at the Secret Stash. How cool is that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home