Redhead Fangirl

Monday, February 6

JLA help us unclean

JLA 16 is jam packed. Classic JLA illustrations-- city scapes, battles, superheroes, text boxes and text bubbles, a difficult task to make coherent, but Garcia-Lopez art does the job. And Gail Simone is not a few words a page writer-- the text here involves the UN, war criminals, superheroes role, a virus that infects a town and Flash. You get your bang for your buck- well, 2.99.
Flash, hot headed over the dictator General Tuzik- with the gold bathroom fixtures for him and killing fields for his people, feels the JLA should take him out. WW, Superman, Batman all feel that without playing by the UN playbook, it's just a "JLA-led coup".
"My ambassador brokered a deal for clemency and exile...I shall enjoy a retirement of wealth, liquor, very young women, and fine cigars" Even Batman jokes that maybe Wonder Woman might accidentally drop him flying to his new country.
Having a relative who works at the Hague, as a war crimes tribunal prosecutor, this was extra interesting to me. Think I will have to send it to him!

5 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Jason said...

You know, I think I remember this issue.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it should be clarified. The issue being discussed is not JLA #16, but JLA CLASSIFIED #16.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jason said...

OH. Okay, then I probably read it at the bookstore but didn't buy it. It SO sounded familar.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Thanks Randy. I honestly didn't realize there was a JLA and a JLA classfied. I don't read this series, just picked up for Simone. My big bad!

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, no problem, Red. Always happy to help out a fellow comics reader. Especially of the female kind. I enjoyed part one also for the beautiful artwork by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez. he was a favorite of mine from my childhood. best known for his excellent work on the DC Comics Presents.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home