Redhead Fangirl

Wednesday, February 1

I'm indexing as fast as I can

Happy February! Or let's hope it will be.

Only 2 weeks and the Comic Blog Legion is stomping coast to coast! If you have a blog, please join the legion. I'm indexing in alpha and geographic order!

B at Comic Relief suggested Sexy Chix- an anthology of female comic artists and writers. It includes Gail Simone, Colleen Coover, Colleen Doran, more! Haven't read it yet, but love to promote females working in comics!

Tarnation This movie is disturbing, sweet, arty and modern. The buzz was that Jonathan Caouette created it on his Mac for $218. Just like Capturing the Friedmans (Ebert referenced this too), the truth comes from video tapes of Jonthan's life from age 11 on. He videotaped himself doing characters, interviewing his grandparents, and his mother, who is mentally ill, probably from unnecessary shock treatments. Jonathan finds his identity in musical theatre, horror movies, and in gay subculture (in Texas). While I almost bought it myself, my library did get a copy - and the video stores didn't!

2 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Gus said...

I'm sure you get this all the time, but it's cool to find a girl not afraid to like comics.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Way to go! You're really starting to get a lot of members.

So, do you get that all the time??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home