Redhead Fangirl

Thursday, June 5

sinus infection plus heat wave

A dreaded and common sinus infection has hit me. The Z pack is kicking in, but I'm still worn out.

Still reading the Tales from the Starlight Drive-in GN.
(From Badger Comics: Writer MIKE SAN GIACOMO presents 32 stories taking place over 50 years at a Drive-In Theater, featuring 21 artists from around the world. Stories stand-alone, mirroring life and the cinema with tales of crime, romance, science fiction, musicals, even a western. The stories combine to create a single novel with a powerful, shocking finale you won't forget. Fascinating characters, imaginative stories and clever twists will make STARLIGHT the surprise hit of the year.)

Need to go to my LCBS to get 3 weeks of comics. I didn't pick up many new comics at Wizard. I think I bought 2 indy comics and the Tales.

A heat wave is coming tomorrow- and only 5 of 8 compressors work at my library- leaving the entire Reference section with no air. It's been like this for years, and I always dread summer because of it. So it will be around upper 80s at my desk, perfect for being ill.

A couple new blogs have emailed me about being part of the Comic Book Legion--
The Nerdy Bird
(tagline: has boobs, reads comics)

Comic Bookish

..and more I'll highlight later! If you have a blog you want to add just send me an email at
midnjcomic@gmail.com

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for adding me to the Legion!

I'm not looking forward to the heat this weekend either. Feel better!

 
At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like justification for wearing a tube top to work...

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Richard said...

Welcome to the Legion, Nerdy Bird. I think this means we present you with a flight ring and you get to make fun of rejected applicants like Porcupine Pete and Radiation Roy.

RF, when it comes to the sinus infection and the discomfort with extreme heat, I feel your pain...all too literally.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

More members, eh? Don't be surprised if RAB and I show up at your dorm rooms in the middle of the night and lead you down to the football field for a little light hazing.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think I can take some light hazing if it gets me a flight ring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home