Redhead Fangirl

Sunday, March 9

The Guilty Ones


Went to see Spring Awakening on Broadway. I liked it. It didn't pack the emotional punch I thought, but the voices were outstanding and a few songs were excellent. One of the leads is the Blake Bashoff - he plays Karl, Alex's boyfriend on Lost.

Thanks to a NY train ride, I read 7 comics.

Buffy the VS 12
Drew Goddard (Lost writer) takes on Buffy in this arc. Everyone's hot over the Buffy with a chick scene. It was funny to see most of the scooby gang discover her and Satsu (is that her name?) together. Xander's "beautiful burning eye" was especially funny, as was his normal geeky pursuit of a girl. And our Andrew- that will be comic fun. Beautiful cover, well written, and in the spirit of what we love of the Buffyverse.

Justice Society 13
The overcrowding of the JSA comes to play in trying to find space for new JSA'ers. Sad to say I've never read Kingdom Come, so the Gog ref's-- I'm following but don't really understand. There are getting to be so many characters I have to keep flipping to the front to see their names and summary.

Let's see, I also read the latest Rex Libris, Birds of Prey, the new Doctor Who...have a stack at home too. I'm reading People of the Book-- dedicated "for the librarians".

Fun blog:
Stuff White People Like

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I havent seen Spring Awakening yet. Hopefully on my next NYC trip. So many shows to see...

You went a few days too late. Lindsey Lohan went to see the show on the Friday night. You could have talked about life as redheads...and told her to stay away from her trashy mother!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

I was there Friday, but didn't see her! I like her back as a redhead...

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger raistlinsghost said...

You haven't read Kingdom Come yet?!? I would stop reading JSA until you have gottent through that one. It will make more sense from both the alternate Superman and Magog/Gog povs .

That, and it is my all-time favourite grapic novel ever.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger nmrboy said...

why has that there superman only got one boot on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home