Redhead Fangirl

Thursday, January 17

Pulling my list


Redhead Fangirl's current pull list--

Vertigo
Y the Last Man
The Un-Men
Vinyl Underground
Jack of Fables
DMZ
Faker

DC Comics
Justice Society
Justice League
Catwoman
Birds of Prey
Wonder Woman (just started with Simone on writing)

Mice Templar (Oeming in issue 2 put me in the blog warrior list! Yea!)
The Sword
Buffy Season 8
The Boys
Rex Libris
Invincible (sometimes)
Atom Eve (issue 1)
Dynamo 5
Criminal

And look how little I've been supporting Marvel titles--
She-Hulk
Spider-Man loves Mary Jane (an issue hasn't been published for a while, Terry Moore in 08)

Reading in Trade: Preacher series, 30 Days of Night

I thought I had weeded a lot of titles from my list, but this still looks pretty long! What have I been enjoying most? Jack of Fables, Criminal, Y, The Boys, The Sword and Buffy. Dynamo 5 is losing steam and so has Birds of Prey for me.

Now that phillygirl gave us Doctor Who Season 3 to watch-- can't wait to see Captain Jack from Torchwood on it-- I may pick up the upcoming Doctor Who comic. As I mentioned, until recently I'd never ever seen a DW, but David Tennant is just wacky, smart and now I'm there.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Nick said...

The Niles/Templesmith 30 Days trades are the best.

You start the Dark Days one yet? Like it?

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Terry Moore will also be writing Runaways, hopefully soon. Also will you be getting Echo by Terry Moore?

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger running42k said...

Thanks. My pull list is not as lengthly. We agree on JLA and Catwoman (a great book that I just started reading a few months ago). I also have Flash and Daredevil.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Nick- once I finish the Preacher trades - 2 to go- I'll get into Dark Days. There was a preview in my 30DON.

Justin-Moore will be busy! I'll have to look into Echo, that's new to me.

R42K-Catwoman has been consistant. The Hughes covers are so racy, but like She-Hulk, the interiors and writing are much better.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

How're you liking PREACHER, BTW?

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Bill D. said...

I loved Invincible for a while, but now my interest is really waning, to the point where I'm considering eBaying the trades... especially if I can just find the newer volumes at the library. It's sort of downgrading itself from "must own" to "it would be nice to read once in awhile."

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Mark- Phillygirl and I love Preacher, for all its twisted and dirty content , it is really a smart book taking on a lot of issues. The only thing is that having been a huge Buffy fan, I think of Cassidy too much as Spike-- who was based on him!

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger running42k said...

I hear you on the covers. Although the December one Catwoman ended up looking like Audrey Hepburn.

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to lend you my Powers trades also. BTW I need to borrow Un-men 1 and 2 and Walking Dead issue 43? I think? The one just after the tank arrives. See ya Saturday!

-Phillygirl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home