Redhead Fangirl

Wednesday, July 18

lemmings into shiny metal boxes

I see you've sent my letters back And my LP records and they're all scratched (Can't stand losing you)

Love can mend your life But love can break your heart (Message in a bottle)

But my silent fears have gripped me Long before I reach the phone(Every little thing she does is magic)

Words that scream for your submission And no one's jamming their transmission (De do do do, De da da da)

Too many cameras and not enough food' Cause this is what we've seen (Driven to Tears)

Is anybody alive in here? Nobody but us (Miss Gradenko)

We have this strange obsession You have the means in your possession (Tea in the Sahara)

I have only come here seeking knowledge Things they wouldn't teach me of in college (Wrapped around your finger)

Tomorrow night we're going to see The Police. It's the first big stadium tour I've seen in a long time, but for The Police reunion I'll make an exception from the small club bands I usually see. Zenyatta Mondatta and Synchronicity I played to oblivion.


I'm sorry that Jane Magazine will stop being published. I have a subscription now, and always loved the more feminist take on beauty, life and music, and sex.

I read The Sinestro Corps, Criminal 7, and SheHulk 19. Still have Dark Tower, DMZ 21, JSA 7 and Jack of Fables 12 to read.
10 days until California, Los Angeles and Santa Monica!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger running42k said...

Lucky lady. Enjoy the show. I hear it is fabulous, but with those guys how can it be anything but.

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the show. And in california.

And thanks for all the librarian depictions!

I perused your library thing list. here's mine http://www.librarything.com/catalog/akerr
Ann

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Joe said...

First Jane gets her TV show cancelled, then her magazine gets axed (but it had a great run anyway)... wonder what endeavor she'll embark upon next? Maybe a rock group...

Enjoy the Police tonight!

Rock On!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Swinebread said...

Police, good choice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home