Redhead Fangirl

Friday, June 29

FF and SS

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
I have loved the Silver Surfer. In the 80s, these were the first and only comics I bought, growing up near the beach and even bad surfing myself for a year. I think the movie may rate above 36% fresh for me, because it did have some moments I enjoyed. I like Reed Richards. The Johnny's such a player lines get a little tiring. I wish Alicia was a redhead like the comics. I like the fact they are a family, and care for one another. I think Jessica Alba does her best as Sue Storm, but the fake blue contacts and blonde wig just don't suit. And Von Doom's appearance was silly- head down looking over eyebrows in too many shots to establish "he's bad". Kind of forgettable all in all.

36% fresh from Rotten Tomatoes

Forever Geek on FF
There are a few things that I had to roll my eyes at (Mr. Fantastic “dancing” being one of them), and few things that I just flat out don’t like (Doom - again), but overall, I really had a good time with this movie.

Rolling Stone review of FF

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Swinebread said...

When Doom stepped on the surfboard I thought, "Hey! Why can't we have more of this guy!" But Comic Book Doom was only there for a moment.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

I liked that too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home