Redhead Fangirl

Sunday, July 22

eve of the work week

The weekend is ov'er, sigh. Let's see- I went for a run on the canal, on a sunny day when lots of people were out on bikes and running. Then, we ate flatbread pizza. Despite having said he didn't care about Harry Potter, Shoreturtle changed his mind and we went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The kids are aging, the stakes are higher, and there are so many Weasley redheads to adore! I went back to reading the Half Blood Prince, and hope to avoid spoilers on Deathly Hallows. I was ticked the last book because I read a big spoiler when I was only 100 pages in.

Today, there was cleaning all the hardwood floors, and then we saw 2 houses. One was in a great neighborhood, and the house is nice with a few drawbacks. One was dated to say the least. Then we went to these luxury Loft townhomes (the model was 450K, 2 story, just stainless steel and granite and immaculate.) There was another in our price range, but that sort of lifestyle is a big difference. There are keycards and a lobby and LCD visitor screens.

I read The Plain Janes and just loved it. There is teen angst and how art heals all tied up. I'm not sure it's for the World War Hulk type, but thoughtful and artsy types should like the characters Cecil Castellucci created and Jim Rugg's art.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger running42k said...

How was the concert?

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Those loft townhomes sound amazing. What town are they in? what's the place called? They're building similar style "manhattan-style" townhomes in Asbury but the prices are infreakinsane.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

Like those Weasleys, eh? Don't get too attached... Muwahahahhahahaha!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Shmuel said...

I haven't read The Plain Janes, but I read two other titles from the Minx line: The Regifters, and Clubbing. Have to say, I enjoyed them both. Regifters moreso than Clubbing, although anything with Josh Howard's art is good for me.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Rae said...

There's a best redhead contest here at our tomato festival in a few weeks! I think you could rock it!

I love thinking of you as the NJ version of me. I would so be Nordstroms if we had them, although there is a rumor we are getting one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home