Redhead Fangirl

Sunday, February 18

First person fangirl

Just a few more days to the New York Comicon! The guest list continues to expand. I will try to share my experience there by taking some camphone pics and posting them to the blog, starting this Friday into Saturday. I'm going to be zonked out and have lots to share, pics and summary, afterwards but at least you can get a first person view while I mingle and swoon at the NYCC.

It has been so cold here, I've been watching a lot of Tivo (Gilmore, Veronica, Greys, D Housewives, Colbert, Daily, Lost) and DVDs. A coworker really wanted me to watch Kingdom of Heaven about the crusades, with a lot of Orlando Bloom LOTR-type fight scenes. I also watched The Meth Epidemic, a very interesting Frontline show about the rise of meth and the influence of the pharmaceutical industry.
I saw a post on a blog recently about Entertainment Weekly being a comic friend; recently there are articles on DMZ, comic sales, graphic novels, and this latest one on the Dark Tower series. Fingers crossed I get one of the 'golden tickets' into the King panel on Sat. I've been reading King novels since I was about 11; I'm a librarian; and a comic fan-- shouldn't I get extra points?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

I know, of all the things to do Saturday, getting in to see King is at the top of my list. I figure I've been a fan of his longer than anything else.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Swinebread said...

Sounds like your comic con is going to be quite fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home