Redhead Fangirl

Saturday, February 3

Xander and Drusilla at NY Comicon


I am a huge Buffy fan, like most of the comic world. I adore Xander (except when he cowarded out and left Anya at the altar). And I am so geeking out because not only will Nicolas Brendan be in NY, but also Juliet Landau (Drusilla) and Amy the witch and Larry. This con is becoming a bit more San Diegoish with all the non-comic book media {Buffy does have GN's and figures}, but in this case, I'll take it.
I'm sure I won't even get close enough to see him and that can suck more than him never being there. At Wizard last June I had to settle for just seeing Geoff Johns and Jim Lee from a distance because you essentially have to decide to wait in line the whole day just to get a chance to wait in another line.
Phillygirl is a huge Buffy fan too. We went out for her early birthday bowling last night at a swanky new bowling alley. My score was seriously bad.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

My score wasn't much better, but it was fun. So glad you could come out. And yeah, I'm super-excited about Nicolas being there. 3 more weeks!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Nick said...

What's really annoying was Xander never got to tell Anya WHY he left her at the alter. ARGHH!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

Being a Whedon-loving comics fan with the right set of chromosomes, you must have a perspective on Joss getting dumped from the Wonder Woman film, right?

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

I think Whedon was torturing himself to do the right script and hounded by the casting that he just sounds happy to hang it up. I was never as over the moon for this, although doing a great female driven comic movie would go a long way...but what actress weighs over 90 pounds to play the part?

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

I'd just cast the tallest girl with the widest shoulders who could act. And cast loads of short men opposite her. The gag has to be that every male character in the film has to crane his neck just to look at her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home