Redhead Fangirl

Monday, February 5

I don't read Supergirl!

Every day the NY Comicon explodes with more goodness! I have only scanned the panels, but favorites from DC Nation and Vertigo are there, along with a comic bloggers panel that discusses "insider" blogs and newcomers, and many panels for librarians (rock out!).

Sorry for the lack of real blogging. Excuses include mom visiting, busy at work, hotel swapping for the MidJersey Comicon, SuperBowl watching and a girls night out. Should be back on track now.

I feel on the "outside lookin' in" on the Supergirl Berganza and blogosphere discussions. I don't, and never have read Supergirl. In her current incarnation: think she's too skinny, reveals too much skin, wears a very outdated ice skating skirt, and is one of the overcrowded field of blonde teenage characters. I'll take Stargirl.

I'm 1.5 weeks behind on getting comics, but have enjoyed the latest Birds of Prey, Catwoman 63, DMZ 15, and She-Hulk 15. More later...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you're at NY Comic-Con! Our first big Comic-Con (Wonder-Con) isn't for another month and I'm jonesin' for Comic-Con goodness here on the Left Coast.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Bill D. said...

Getting super-excited for NYCC now, and even moreso since I was able to register for a pro badge as a library/education-type. Now if only I had learned this BEFORE I bought my ticket!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

I'm getting excited also. Apparently Saturday is already sold out. But they also have some really good panels on Friday and Sunday that I'm sad that I'll be missing.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Richard said...

Yeah, I'll show up for the blogging panel. Maybe it'll give me some pointers. And I'll be glued to my chair for the Venture Bros panel the following day.

My sympathies, Loren...but if it's any consolation, this is how I've felt for years at reading about all the cool West Coast cons I've never been able to attend. So, turnabout, fair play, et cetera.

Looking forward to meeting you, PhillyGirl! My name badge will have the name of my blog on it, so I'll be easy to spot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home