Redhead Fangirl

Friday, February 9

1 inch wallop

Heroclix army invades! How many redheads can you spot and name?

And, great news, Fredocat was released and is home recovering!

Books: Skylight Confessions by Alice Hoffman
Alice Hoffman is one of my favorite authors, and two years ago I saw her keynote at the NJ Library Association conference. And met her in the autograph line; she was funny and bright.

This is a dark book, and the characters aren't loveable. But the lead character, a redhead, haunts her ex, who hadn't done right by her. Dishes break, soot is left behind, and many birds are entwined in the story. According to my Irish book, in pre Christian times birds were thought to be intermediaries between this world and the otherworld.

Strange Piece of Paradise
I'm a True Crime fanatic, thanks to my mother's influence. Currently reading this memoir/true crime story:
Start this book, and you won't stop...In synopsis, Strange Piece of Paradise sounds like pulp fiction: 1977, two Yale students-hopeful and buoyant-embark upon a bike trip across the country's "most scenic blue roads" only to be brutally attacked at a campsite by a psycho stranger in cowboy boots who drives off into the desert night.

I have my stack of comics, and I've only read the 52's. Dark Tower, Jack of Fables, and nine others await!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Swinebread said...

I wanna' see a Red Sonja Heroclix!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Justin said...

This is what I came up with:

Poison Ivy
Hellcat
Mystique
Jean Grey
Black Widow
Starfire
Whisper A'Daire

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

I'm so behind on my comics. It's been about a month since I've been to the comic book shop and I'm still not through the ones I picked up last time or the ones you lent me.

ION I'm addicted to Guitar Hero II. You and Shoreturtle need to come over and rock out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home