Redhead Fangirl

Saturday, January 6

Just nod if you can hear me


Picked up this weeks comics- only 4 (52, Civil War, Atom, Superman, Amaz, Spidey) and decided to try X23. C and I drove out to the beach-- 70 plus degrees! The boards and beach were full of people and dogs out for the day, and there were even surfers.

Thought I'd share this pick of me playing guitar. I've been taking lessons about a year and half now. Let me tell you it has changed my appreciation for bands I see. Where before I would think, eh, not so great, now I realize just how hard can be to keep a beat and change chords and strum different melodies. And then to sing on top!
Currently working on Comfortably Numb, My Girl, and Brown Eyed Girl.

Check out ISB's 30 second recap contest. Recap comic stories in 8 - 10 panels; some excellent entries there!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Richard said...

You'll be a busker in no time.

And hey...bring your axe to the Comic Con and I'll show you the opening chords to Pinball Wizard written out in Pete's own handwriting!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Very cool! Brent tried to teach me once and it is so hard!!!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Ok, that was weird! It's me, Rae!

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

Loving the weather too! Rock On!

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Play that funky music! What did you think of X23?

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

You've made up my mind for me! I WILL run that picture of me playing guitar in the nude.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

rab, i love rock archives. How cool of you to own it.

haven't read x23 yet, but will post when i do.

m, shouldn't you naked fiddle?

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

That's just racist.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Check out YOUTUBE -- there are tons of guitar instruction videos -- some great, some good, some awful...ya gotta search around. I love the ones by Matt Caws of Nada Surf...he shows fans how to play Nada Surf songs note-by-note. Can't beat that with a telecaster!

Rock on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home