Redhead Fangirl

Saturday, February 18

Hello, Manta


Aquaman 39: The End has No End.
This is the last Aquaman before the Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis series is on sale March 1.

It's One Year Later…and Aquaman has totally changed! Join the new creative team of Kurt Busiek (ASTRO CITY, JLA) and Butch Guice (JLA CLASSIFIED) for the start of an amazing new undersea adventure!

I've never been afraid to admit liking Aquaman. Busiek has been responsible for some of the best damn comic writing in modern times. I've documented my love of Astro City: The Nearness of You before. Let's see where this goes.

The Aquaman #42 cover gets the RF stamp of approval. Although it makes me think of the Futurama where Fry gets with the Atlanta mermaid girl in bed and thinks..huh, how is this supposed to work. When there is discussion of egg laying he gets all skeeved out and runs away.

Issue 39 wrapped up with a chase and confrontation with Black Manta, after the destruction of Atlantis and the death of his son...

"Very dramatic Arthur. Is this your equivalent of taking me behind the shed? Is this where you beat the bad boy?"

"You're not an activist! Your a depraved sociopath!"

"I know you Arthur." "The one thing you can never know is another man's mind"

2 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Jason said...

I stopped reading Aquaman when they started to get away from his magic hand storyline. They dropped the ball on that one. I liked it and then someone went in some COMPLETELY different direction. Does the Lady in the Lake show up any more? I think I will just stick with JLA.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

No lady recently. Nothing on the magic hand either. Lots of Mera and Manta!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home