Redhead Fangirl

Monday, April 9

lead Bird flying the coop


Hey it's my freckled arm with Gail Simone on the official DC slideshow!
All the NYCC DC Comicon slideshows

One of the biggest announcements coming out the DC Nation column is Gail Simone leaving Birds of Prey, with Sean McKeever coming on. I have really loved McKeever on Spider-Man loves Mary Jane, and like his dialogue and emotional engagement. So while it's a shock and a finger-cross that things continue to go well in BoP, I like her replacement. Rumor has it her "dream job with dream artists" is on Wonder Woman-- maybe I'll actually read WW if she is writing.

The big article is the Gail Simone interview at Newsarama:
It put the lie to the idea that male readers wouldn't read a book with a female cast, and it stayed one of DC's steadiest selling and most critically acclaimed books


Well, issue #104 is probably the biggest response to a single issue we've ever done, and it actually gets a bit crazier. And the climax of this story is going to put monster smiles on the faces of every Birds of Prey reader, I believe. It's the Six vs. the Birds. It's Tora Olafsdotter returning. It's Hawkgirl, and a still-to-be-revealed final member of the Six, and finally, it's Oracle having a friendly chat with Spy Smasher that's going to be quite memorable.

Sean McKeever, says Gail Simone 'spreads very kind lies about me'

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Sleestak said...

Oh, God, no. SLMJ is awful.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

I love SLMJ- totally connect with it.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Nick said...

SLMJ is great, it's the title I read first in my stack. The huge hardcover collection for it, just came out too!

If McKeever is in fact taking over for Gail on BoP, I say GOOD no offense but the recent storylines (exception of the last issue) have felt a tad unfocused and it's probably best if Gail moseys on to WW, where her talents are much needed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home