Redhead Fangirl

Monday, April 10

My 30 seconds of videocast fame

Variant Edition episode 7 Interviews from the MidJersey Comicon with Mike Oeming, Mike Hawthorne and Brian Quinn. I even pop on camera for a short promo of the con-- I don't sound too dorky and don't look too awful though it was the end of a long day. Thx to Kevin, Mike and Ricky.


A new book I picked up at the library. I shook my finger at my two baby boomer coworkers.
Generation Debt: Why now is a terrible time to be young
by Anya Kamenetz

So when twenty-four-year-old Anya Kamenetz started out as a journalist, she began asking hard questions about her generation for which no one seemed to have good answers. Why were college students nationwide graduating with an average of more than $20,000 in student loans? Why were her friends thousands of dollars in credit-card debt? Why did so many jobs for people under thirty-five involve a plastic name badge, last only for the short-term, and not include benefits? With record deficits and threats to Social Security, what kind of future was shaping up for the nation's kids?

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I love the interview. It turned out well.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

That was VARIANT EDITION's best episode yet: that MARVEL ZOMBIES bit at the end was genuinely inspired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home