Redhead Fangirl

Friday, April 7

Knock Knock..

Who's there?
Eisenhower?
Eisenhower who?
Teacher's mad 'cause Eisenhower late for class.

This is the closest to an Eisner joke I could come up with!

Master Nominee List-- 2006 Eisner Awards

How can I read comics nearly every day, get graphic novels for the library, and still be ignorant of the majority of the Eisner nominees? I find it understandable in literature, when I haven't read the Booker or Pulitzer nominees. It's a good thing that there are more comics than I can possible sink my teeth into, but I have little commentary here. Except to say that the nominations are heavy Brian K. Vaughan for Ex Machina and Y-- and Warren Ellis for Fell and Desolation Jones. And I can get behind that.


Want a dark movie that doesn't lay out the whole plot in minute one?
Try
The Machinist starring Christian Bale as a very skinny machinist, natch, losing his grip on reality? or is it?

2 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

I've read at least a couple in every category it seems, except for "work intended for younger audiences", "best U.S edition of foreign material" and "talent deserving of wider recognition" (obviously!). And I'm don't exactly have the most obscure tastes on the planet.

Sounds like you should be trying some new comics, Red!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

I guess I'm just in the league of losers, and that team-up just ended.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home