Redhead Fangirl

Monday, December 19

My little Runaways

At some point in their lives, all young people believe their parents are evil..but what if they really were?

I just read the trade for Runaways: Pride and Joy by Brian K. Vaughan. I enjoyed the single comics of the Runaways, but read them out of order, so I was always "huh?". Summary: teens find out their parents are actually a group of Super villians called The Pride. The teens band together, run away from home, and try to correct the evil legacy.

BKV's writing as always is witty and current, some examples-
"don't go all orange alert on me!"

"go all Mendendez brothers on 'em?"

"How is it possible that our parents lied to us?""Let's see: Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, um, God, you're the prettiest kid in school.."


Adrian Alphona's illustrations bring out each teen personality and the clothing is dead on.

current Runaways

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home