Redhead Fangirl

Monday, December 26

Classic mini-busts (not those, perv!)


Xmas is ov-ah, hope Santa was good to all of you in the blogosphere. I did get a few comic related presents from C, a Batgirl T and this classic mini-bust of The Silver Age Batgirl. She is one of only 3000 pieces, and part of a series that already has sold out Batman, Superman, The Joker and Lex Luthor. The text on the box:

"Librarian Barbara Gordon- daughter of Gotham City's Police Commissioner- was on her way to a costume party in the guise of a masked Batgirl when she chanced upon a crime in progress! Without a thought for her own safety, Barbara leapt into the fray and saved the day. Convinced she could do good for the people of Gotham, and fighting at Batman's side, Barbara grew into a heor worthy of the name Batgirl!"

I did get the Nightwing trade, with the excellent Nightwing and Batgirl cover. And the Sleepaway Camp DVD, with acting and production about 10 levels below Friday the 13th slasher level.

Got an awesome turntable to play records on. I got out my 45's from middle school. Until I grew into my British boys with keyboards or classic rock cooler stuff, here's what a 10-13 year old RFangirl owned...
  • Total Eclipse of the Heart
  • Smugglers Blues
  • Mr. Roboto
  • Never Surrender- Corey Hart- with fold out poster!
  • All I need- Jack Wagner from General Hospital!
  • Boy from New York City
To redeem myself, there is Purple Rain (on purple vinyl), Beatles, Howard Jones.

Took a trip to Comic Lair today, so I have a huge new stack of comics and graphic novels to read.


1 Comments:

At 4:13 AM, Blogger Rae said...

This is so incredibly sad to admit - but I have Never Surrender on my ipod nano in my running mix. It's almost cleansing to admit it out loud. And I can't even TELL you how many times I have belted it out to Total Eclipse of the Heart!! Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home