Redhead Fangirl

Friday, December 23

the Chronicles



I think of Barbara...and snapping the Joker's neck becomes that much easier..

What a striking panel of Batgirl, with flame red hair and such soulful intelligent eyes. I'm not sure if this panel was originally in The Killing Joke; need to look that up.

Today I had my work holiday party/lunch. We had a gift exchange, and I was the sole person at the table without a gift. The guy who got my name didn't come. The children's librarian said, if you were a kid you would be crying. So I made some pouty faces. But I did get a bottle of Jamison's Irish whiskey from another coworker to make it all OK.

I went to see the Chronicles of Narnia today. The kids are pale and freckly, which I can relate to, but have the groovy English accents I don't. Tilda Swinton was a great White Witch. It didn't hit me in the gut as much as I expected.

6 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Bill

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I love the photo of batgirl.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger brent d. said...

That's a GREAT picture! Sorry about your slacker gift-giver-person but I know Whiskey always makes things better. =)

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where that pic of Batgirl comes from, but it most definitely is NOT from Killing Joke. That is not Brian Bolland artwork.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Turns out it is from Batman 608, artwork by Jim Lee, Dec 2002.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home