Redhead Fangirl

Thursday, December 22

A redhead would be my holy grail

One of the funniest redhead stories ever written. See for yourself. The last sentence really puts it over the top.

I think rereading it will become a holiday tradition. Along with hearing the sappy Dan Folgelberg Same Old Lang Syne (met my old lover in the grocery store..), the Waitresses (Merry Christmas, but I think I'll skip this one this year), catching some part of A Christmas Story, and watching my cat Fredo eye up the Italian glass ornaments on the tree...

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas traditions include:
lapping up Eggnog spiked with rum and nutmeg, watching How the Grinch stole Christmas, the original dr.suess version, not that jim carey crap....watching Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer-again the original with the island of misfit toys and Yukon Cornelius[a red-head]...oh yeah, and snapping off the radio whenever that bitch Dan Fogelberg comes on sapping it up about his old lang syne. That song should be renamed a Merry suicide.
-and-if I may propose a new Christmas tradition...pre-new years eve practice runs......uh, sorry I have to unplug the radio now, you know who just came on....did you just pay him, L?

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger histropolitics said...

I far prefer Paul McCartney's 'Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time' something about that precursor late70-early80's synth stuff just makes me dance!

I see no reason to continue to Folgerbergize the nation. That song is not a christmas song, its got more to do with frozen food than its got to do with christmas. And it begs the question: should one be having these ambiguiously romantic encounters in the grocery store - and the frozen food in particular? Why left unleashed, would that song would turn every Stop and Shop and Piggly Wiggly into a a hookup joint?

Oh and it just aint christmas without nog. I prefer a wee - bit of my old 'buddy jack' to fall in that egg nog

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Rae said...

That's hilarious. I'm not even sure I want to know what Google search you used to find that article! (which of course is 100% true!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home