Redhead Fangirl

Wednesday, December 21

Heroes unknown to us


Father Christmas, give us some money!

I have whittled down my comic pile to 1/2 a She-Hulk I haven't finished. Of course it's Wed so I have many more waiting.

Marvel Team-Up 15
League of Losers

Kirkman has a funny premise here, in that 90% of all the known superheroes have been targeted and killed- the fantastic 4, x-men, daredevil. The opener is an establishing shot of the Avengers tower, then a 2 page spread where it is blown up with only the word KABOOM!

"They all have people they love" Mary Jane is being hunted, and Spidey tries to rescue her. The art work of both Spidey and MJ has more of anime big eye, rounded edge style.

The only heroes left are "they weren't important enough or powerful enough to be recorded into history--then how much trouble could they be?"

TBA with Darkhawk trying to get to New York (hopefully not taking the subway when he's there!)



6 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Met my old lover in a grocery store, the snow was falling Christmas eve.....then we both barfed cause this song is just too depressing.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Gordon D said...

Wow, a (relatively) obscure Kinks reference - I am definitely impressed.

I knew there was a reason I kept reading this blog....

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Come on D, I know you love Folgelberg.
...stole behind her in the frozen foods, and I touched her on the sleeve...

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No..........[runs away screaming], get away from me with that song.

My ears are bleeding......

it's like kryptonite---see I have to put it in terms you'll understand/appreciate.......

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah,

ps....love the hat!!!!

and, pss....I think your business partner needs your assistance in setting up his own blog....when he mentioned he only has a web site, underdog told him to 'get out of the 90's'...LOL ;)

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger histropolitics said...

Yeah he identified what he has as a 'web-site.' I had to say "Web-Site? What the hell is that?"

I identified it as a mid 90's reference to a pre-blog web entity that doesn't allow the user to comment. Really, Harv needs to catch up, man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home