Redhead Fangirl

Saturday, September 6

Hanna and goodbye Selina


Riding out TS Hanna- rain and wind stirred up pretty well. So far today I've gone to the gym, picked up things in the yard and patio, watched one episode of the Wire, got bagels, ate a hamburger, swiffered two floors, watched a Daily Show from the RNC.

The RNC conventioners are both funny, and tragic. Sarah Palin wanted to ban library books! I can imagine the intellectual climate for the head librarian with someone who answered most questions with "god's will". I really may have to move to Canada...

Comicwise, I've caught up on Trinity 11-13, Jack of Fables 25 (the Page sisters!), JSA 18, and JLA. Also, The not so long kiss goodbye... to Catwoman in issue 82. I have been a regular follower of the Catwoman series, through writers and artists, and the occasional cheesecake covers. I will miss Selina, but I'm glad the last issue was just her and Batman, discussing who and what they are (with some rooftop chasing in between). If you didn't read these (and I guess people weren't or the series wouldn't have ended), I would def. recommend in trade.

I guess I'll make the best of it and now save $2.99 an issue. Plenty of other comics to spend dough on!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

Dropped CAT-WOMAN the very issue Ed Brubaker left. Should have dropped it the issue Paul Gulacy took over on art.

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger running42k said...

You may want to wait until the results of our election on October 14th before you decide to move here.

I too will miss Catwoman. Great book. I wonder where Pfiefer is going after this.

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CNN just reported that the "Palin wants to ban books" story was a hoax. But I still don't like her. She is evil.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home