Redhead Fangirl

Friday, August 8

Tonoharu

Planning to get Chinese food tonight and watch the opening ceremonies. Still pondering Joshua's win on SYTYCD, actually think Katee's dancing made him better, and that she probably was the best dancer.

I came across this GN on the new nonfiction shelf, and being a GN that I didn't order for the library, I was interested. I liked the art, story, and the cultural differences and reaching for connection of the main character. Tonoharu is a town in Japan.

Tonoharu
Daniel Wells begins a new life as an assistant junior high school teacher in the rural Japanese village of Tonoharu. Isolated from those around him by cultural and language barriers, he leads a monastic existence, peppered only by his inept pursuit of the company of a fellow American who lives a couple towns over


and a Library link to the Anthrax case-

http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6584193.html

MD PL Director Accedes to FBI Computer Seizure; Possible Anthrax Link

Norman Oder -- Library Journal, 8/4/2008

  • FBI took two computers; library says they were not linked to patron records
  • Director would typically request warrant, but says he was convinced by FBI
  • Investigation may be linked to anthrax suicide case

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but SYTYCD isn't about the best dancer. I think Joshua deserved to win. He was the versatile and had the character to win. I agree that Katee may have helped him. He may not have stood out as much with a weaker partner, but he was consistantly good. He was my favorite by far. Katee was my second favorite. - Phillygirl

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Rae said...

I'm with you, I think Katee helped Josh a LOT, esp in the early rounds. A diff partner and he probably would've never made it that far! Either way, I loved all the dancers in the final 4 and I wish the show never ended!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home