Redhead Fangirl

Saturday, March 28

Battle for the Cowl


I've been on the outside of the DCU, having given up Trinity and not having read Final Crisis, or Batman R.I.P. But I decided to give "Battle for the Cowl" #1 a chance. Cover art shows Nightwing, Batwoman, Oracle, so at least it involves DCU characters I like. All the villians are mentioned or shown also- Poison Ivy, Joker, Black Mask, Riddler, Penguin.

But, I feel like the "world without___" has been beat down in the DCU. Back to 52 (a year without Supes, Batman, WWoman) until now-- is Didio trying to warn us that if DC Comics went under what we'd miss? That's a cynical and depressing take on our heroes.

Anyway, I will read issue 2 based on my interest from BftCowl.
Issue 2 on sale April 8th.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home