Redhead Fangirl

Friday, June 27

Bye Celsius



Back in the States, now in Maine! Went through customs (no firearms or fireworks), drug sniffing dogs, and border patrol no problems. Still have some Canadian money, like $2 coins.

I got in one run with shoreturtle- Nova Scotia is much more hilly than home.

Prince Edward Island was different than expected- bigger with farms and cities. But Brackley beach and Cavendish were great. The weather rained so biking and boat rides were out.

The only downer was a visit to a Halifax comic store. The girl working there did what has happened to me before-- she was yapping away to coworkers about Heroes Con. As soon as I came up and tried to joke with her she shut up and kind of ignored me and made it real uncomfortable. Why is it that whenever I go to a comic store with a girl working they act like aholes to me? We have a lot in common, I know all the artists and support women in comics--- they act much worse than even the most unsociable fanboy. So I don't have a positive comment about that store-- think it was called Strange Adventures or something...

On a postive note, here are two of the hundreds of pics from Canada-

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Well, sorry about the comic store. I will have a word with that young lady and set her to rights (straighten her out). I suggest you keep that $2. coin for your next trip here. Invitation is open forever...no limits. Come again.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it back out. That border control comment just made me think of the last Weeds episode. Hope to see you soon. - Phillygirl

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to say back ok, not back out. haha - Phillygirl

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Looks like you two had an awesome time. We're thinking of doing a "driving" vacation this summer, too... although with the rising price of petrol, we might just stay VERY LOCAL and just walk to our destination. Heh.

That comic book store chick probably doesn't understand American humor, eh?

Rock on!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger running42k said...

I wonder if the Halifax comic book store employee is actually the author of a comic book blog that I read. Hell of a coincidence if it was.

Glad you liked Canada and you are welcome back anytime.

No mention of sea food?

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Ate so much seafood all week yum! Digby scallops, fish and chips, mussels, calamari, haddock, halibut, etc. Had to go Mexican one night just for a change! Happy Canada Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home