Redhead Fangirl

Tuesday, March 18

Doctor Jones

I didn't know...
There will be a comic tie-in to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
On sale May 22 FC, 56 pages $5.99 Miniseries


What I've liked recently:
Into the Wild the film
The book touched me, and I even saw Krakauer speak about his bigger seller, Into Thin Air. I worked in outdoor education, and the story of someone seeking themselves in the outdoors was familiar. Can't believe I didn't see it in the theatre, and really believe Oscar missed out here. Emil Hersch played a hell of a part- and watching the extras of the demands of filming and the weight loss made it even more intense.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles the series
Just finished Season 1, and while it's not perfect, I did enjoy the action and characters.

People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks

Dedication page starts with "for the librarians". Gets even better.

Get Rich Slowly blog

I didn't like the recent Vinyl Underground (naked chained up women with numbers on their heads, and being found dead) or Catwoman. Justice League was OK, if a little stuffed with characters and too much Vixen.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Dave Carter said...

In a bizarre schedule move by Dark Horse, The trade collection of the Indy adaptation will come out the same day as the first issue of the comic book...

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Hmm, I was debating about seeing Into The Wild, was afraid they'd butcher the book....may have to reconsider now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home