Redhead Fangirl

Thursday, January 3

What I rocked out to in 2007

...Not much. I've been uninspired musically this year. Besides a lot of XM listening (Fred, Lucy, Ethel, XMU, The Loft, Bluesville sometimes), I haven't explored much new music. And have not really spent $ on music this year either. Seeing those Top songs of 2007, I realize how far I am from the pop chart-- I barely even heard that Umbrella song.

My favorite singles of the year-

THRASH UNREAL - Against Me
Sometimes the party takes you places that you didn't really plan on going.

SILVER LINING and MONEYMAKER- Rilo Kiley
You'll get out out out oh yeah

YOU KNOW THAT I'M NO GOOD
And sniff me out like I was Tanqueray

THE PRETENDER and LONG ROAD TO RUIN- Foo Fighters
Running through hell, heaven can wait

CLIMBING THE WALLS - They Might Be Giants

I was grinding my teeth, I was wasting my youthAnd using up my teeth

DASHBOARD - Modest Mouse
Well you told me about nowhere well it sounds like some place I'd like to go.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT LOVE IS -The White Stripes
You're not hopeless or helpless And I hate to sound cold

TEENAGERS - My Chemical Romance
So darken your clothes or strike a violent

MISERY BUSINESS- Paramore
I watched his wildest dreams come true Not one of them involving you



Rolling Stone Top 100 songs of 2007

Top radio songs 2007

Only a few I like from this list-- Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, How to save a life- The Frey

BlogFriends, what songs did you dig last year?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ween. They put on an excellent live show.

They Might Be Giants was, surprisingly, just okay.

Red, do you have any idea how much I LEAPT on this link? "Hey, do ya wanna know what RF rocked out to in 2007?" Holy crap, DO I? You're damn right I do!!!

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger running42k said...

I like the new Alicia Keys single, great beat. I have to admit I don't really keep up on new music. I am happy with my CD collection of 80s and 90s alternative which I listen to while I cook and mostly listen to classical music at work.

Boring I know.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Ragtime said...

Fred, Lucy, Ethel, XMU, The Loft, Bluesville

No room in there for XM Cafe between XMU and The Loft? That's practically all I listen to, and it has practically replaced WXPN for me.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

RedheadFangirl said...

Plok- You are a trip. Have you visited my friend at The Full Catastrophe? He has been rocking with Ween for years!!
http://thefullcatastrophe.blogspot.com/

Running42k--Not so boring!

Ragtime- XM Cafe is in there too. With XM I rarely listen to XPN, though it's a great station.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home