Redhead Fangirl

Monday, January 2

Dear Oracle,


Allow me to introduce myself...I'm the man who's going to bury you, your friends, and your family. Meaning no disrespect or malice, of course. You are simply in the way, my dear. -Calculator to Oracle

Birds of Prey 89 -- Perfect Pitch Part 3

(introducting Paulo Siquera penciller) Gail Simone continues to write great dialogue for the Oracle and Calculator in the latest BOP. The opening scene shows Oracle in a therapeutic pool, with a trainer and dad Commish Gordon wondering in the miracle of her wiggling toes. Addressing all the speculation in fanworld on her walking, or even fighting again, Oracle says "This may be all there is to the upgrade in my condition. I could even regress."
She reveals to dear dad her world as the Oracle, born out of the fear from Joker's shooting. Her computer and information skills (a good librarian!) led her to fight crime in a way that was good for her. She then pulls out the Batgirl outfit...to which Commish says "Okay...This part..I knew."
Savant has been abducted to reveal who and where the Oracle is. Calling Canary, and Huntress, they race right into get Savant. Batman appears to leave a cliffhanger...Helena may have not told all about her mission to start a gang war in Gotham. "So I'm telling you once- shut it down."

Xmas done. New Year done. Now it's time to take down decorations, clean out the bills, spend the gift cards. I saw that 'busyaholics' and 'rushaholics' like me --argh, I'm one of those list making goal writing people-- find the new year hard because we want to accomplish it all.

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Rae said...

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun for New Year's! I've yet to take down a single piece of Christmas decor and now that New Year's is officially over it's stressing me out. (sigh)

Happy New Year! Best wishes for a great 06 and hopefully our paths will cross somewhere along the way!

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you were mentioned in Comic Treadmill today! Under "The Nine Ladies Blogging!" :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home