Library sales up, manga drops
What this librarian & comic fangirl found interesting:
Icv2, #65, July 2009
- In spite of horrendous contraction in the US Economy, Graphic Novel sales up in 2008: 5% increase in book and comic stores.
- GN sales faster in bookstores than in comic shops
- 900,000 copies printed of Watchmen- broke all modern sales records
- GN for kids and tweens, saw a 134% increase in titles
- Library sales from $30 million to $35 million in 2008...this growth should continue in 2009.
- Manga sales declined- down 17%. Small manga publishers went out of business. Some properties like Vampire Knight no exposure on Cartoon Network.
Watchmen directors cut July 21st!
Final Fruits Basket vol 23 July 2009
Vertigo Crime imprint:
Entries, Ian Rankin comic book featuring Constantine from Hellblazer: August 25
Filthy Rich, Brian Azzarello: also August 25