Redhead Fangirl

Saturday, November 12

Spiderman meets Invincible


Kirkman knocked it out of the park with the Spider-man meets Invincible Marvel Team-up. Robert Kirkman has been creeping up my list of favorite comic book writers the more I read The Walking Dead and Invincible.

Mark Grayson (Invincible) is thrown by his enemy Angstrom Levy into Spidey's dimension. This issue is great as a summary of "previously in Invincible" to intro you to the character. His wisecracks are priceless...
"Spider-man" really? That's your name? Isn't that a little lame?
This line of jokes continues in the Avengers tower, where Invincible guesses Captain America is "Flag Man" - read it yourself for the rest of the guesses, including Fabio-Man and Claw-Man.

But my absolute favorite part was him meeting Mary Jane and referring to the classic Peter Parker-MJ meeting...
"..and super hot redhead?" "Actually that was my wife-- they just live here" "Wife? Really? Wow, I'm impressed-- you hit the jackpot, man" "Yeah-- No kidding..Actually, that's what she says, heh"


2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meant to ask, how are you finding "Superman Shazam 1"?

William (Melb, Aust)

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

I read Superman/Shazam 1 (posted about it Oct 7). Basically, I like Superman in the JLA stuff, but not so much on his own. Shazam I am even more unfamiliar with. I said then I was interested enough to try for #2, but I'm not even sure if it's out yet. So if you are more invested in either character than me, you might like it more...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home