Redhead Fangirl

Tuesday, January 10

Ocean breathes salty


Aquaman 37 and 38

There are always guys who say "I don't like Aquaman". Not to be all pop-psych, but it strikes me a little homophobic, like he's not as tough or aloof as Supes and Bats. So I get an inner smile because I feel like these guys need to work something out about themselves. As my friend J says "everyone's a little gay".

For me, Aquaman is imprinted as one of my childhood crushes-- blond hair, blue eyed, big strong scaly muscles and those green tight pants on the Superfriends....OK, I'm back...

The interesting thing about Aquaman 37 is that the cover originally led with his water hand (you could see that would be more effective)-- but it was his right hand, and normal one, leading so the cover had to be altered.

Aquaman 38-
Aquaman's kingdom is lost. Mera struggles on the surface to get rescue materials to the refugees, while mourning the loss of Atlantis. and Aquaman mourns his personal loss of Koryak-

"Koryak came back, he did it for me. He was my son, and I barely knew him at all."

For anything Aquaman related- including pics of Will Toale, the yummy young actor who will be Aquaman in a new WB series , I go to The Aquaman Website.

5 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a Aquaman fan since watching him on the Superfriends all those years ago. Since that time, I've been with him through all his changes in origins and appearance. For what it's worth, MY Aquaman is Arthur Curry, son of light-house keeper Tom Curry and Atlanna, queen of Atlantis.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been an Aquaman fan since the super friends myself. I grew up on the beach in florida and all I wanted was to be able to do the things he did. Not many people seem to read his adventures anymore but I still do just the same. I think the fact that he doesnt fly or burn things with his eyes makes him more interesting than not.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger rich said...

"So I get an inner smile because I feel like these guys need to work something out about themselves. As my friend J says 'everyone's a little gay.'"

Maybe they don't like him cuz he's lame?

I remember a stand-up comic's routine about Super-Heroes. Aquaman in particular. "Swimming around underwater would be all nice and stuff ... but his other power is talking to fish. Now ... what the HELL would you have to say to a fish??"

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Shamus said...

"lame"? That's great Rich show that you are not homophobic by slandering physically challenged people.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger rich said...

"...slandering physically challenged people..."

I think you're kidding. I'm not certain. "Lame" as in weak. Just like if I said "Aquaman sucks," I don't necessarily mean ... never mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home