Redhead Fangirl

Friday, January 6

Challengers of graphic novels must die

Big box of graphic novels at the library today! We have a new policy that for EVERY single GN title I order, my boss has to review personally. Some bureaucrat (a non librarian) got her panties in a bunch over the GN's, and that trickles down to us on the front lines. Before I even buy a single title, I have to find a positive review (from an acceptable source) and decide what collection (adult, young adult, juvenile) they will be cataloged.

Your librarians have to work hard for you to have access to materials! It's not like walking in a comic shop or Barnes and Noble and buying whatever looks good on the shelf.

But, when I see happy faces with these titles in their hands, it's worth it! I've been waiting to read Ultra and True Story myself.


Today's booty--
Fruits Basket 12
Peach Girl 3
PG Change of Heart 5
xxxholic 2
Cromartie HS 1
The Incredibles
Wake
Wolverine: Soultaker
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Ultra
True Story Swear to God
Macbeth
Faeries Landing
InuYasha 2
Essential Amazing Spiderman 5
Essential Xmen 6
Challengers of the Unknown must die
Spiderman Human Torch
Plastic Man On the Lam


5 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Pat said...

That's sucky that your choices have to be approved... but the other half of that is my local library - they have series like Preacher, Hellblazer and Powers in the Teen / Young Adult area. I'm not sure if they bother to look at what they're cataloging, or just figure "well, the comic books all go in this area", but eventually someone will complain I'm sure (if your 8-12 year old walked out holding Powers or Preacher from the kids / teens room, what would you do?)

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger kalinara said...

It sucks that someone made such a fuss about the graphic novels like that. What a pain.

But congratulations on the booty, lots of fun choices there!

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me glad that we get to buy graphic novels for an academic library. We get some, um, interesting stuff sometimes...

I hope that your bass is cool about it all, at least.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, that should be boss, not bass.

Though I hope that your big-mouthed fish is cool too :)

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Rae said...

There's also one party pooper at every party!! When I start my own country there will be a strict no pooper policy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home