Redhead Fangirl

Tuesday, August 9

monster hunter, friend, dedicated reporter first

I ordered the Kolchak tales- Black and White and Red all over sight unseen because of the good memories I have of watching Kolchak the Night Stalker in my childhood. After a good Peter Cushing/ Christopher Lee horror movie, like The House that Dripped Blood, Kolchak and
The Night Gallery were my personal favorites.

The writing is in the clipped noir/reporter-on-the-beat style "You need someone who knows his way around the morgue, I'm your guy". The illustrations are black and white, with a great Kolchak likeness and shading. And as the article mentioned, all good X-files fans know that Chris Carter created the series from his love of the show.

Kolchak from Moonstone books

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home